Widget Types The effectiveness of your offers depends on a group of factors and one of them is choosing a proper widget type. There are five main widget types that you can use with DirectoryPopup.
Pop-up A type of widget that appears in a layer above the content, with or without overlay:
- There is almost no way for a visitor to miss the information, that is shown in a pop-up.
- The size of this widget allows you to use multiple and big enough (compared to other widgets) elements, like background images, text boxes, multiple fields for subscriber information, etc.
Scroll Box A type of widget that appears in a layer above the content at the side of the screen:
- Attracts visitor's attention without overlapping the content, disturbing from reading.
- In general, big enough for complex vertical-oriented content blocks.
Floating Bar A type of widget that appears as a thin bar at the top or at the bottom part of the screen:
- It covers a small part of visitor's screen, thus not disturbing from reading the content.
- A good choice for short messages like cookie notification and compact forms without much of a content.
Welcome Screen A type of widget that appears in the overlay that covers all the screen:
- There is no way for a visitor to miss the information.
- The size of this widget allows using a lot of different content inside it.
Inline A type of widget that could be inserted inside the page content, footer, header, or other widget areas as a part of your site's layout:
- Widgets of this type never overlap the content and thus not disturbing the visitor from reading.
- Could be placed anywhere and used to create forms related to the particular part of the page content.