As a Client, you can always pay Invoices, view and print Invoices, Estimates and Proposals with the link provided, without needing to sign up for an account.
A Client account is useful for primary Clients, where you can save, view and comment on your Invoices, Estimates and Proposals, as well as collaborate on any Projects you've been invited to. You can also use your Client account to save your payment information safely, making it easy to pay future Invoices.
If you create your own Invoice, Estimate, Project or add a new Business, your account will upgrade to a full FreshBooks account instead.
Create a Client Account
To create your Client Account (for primary clients only), use the below steps:
- Open the Invoice, Estimate, or Proposal that you received, and view it online
- Click on either:
- Link and button on Invoice to create client account.
- The Save this Invoice/Estimate/Proposal button
- The Log in to view all invoices/estimates/proposals link
- Create a password in the pop-up
- Click on the Save this Invoice/Estimate/Proposal button
- You'll then be taken to your newly created Client account.
If you received an email inviting you to a Project instead, click on the button inside the email. You'll then be asked to create a password and fill out a little bit information about yourself. Your Client account will then be created.
Note: If you're looking to close your client account, you'll need to create an Invoice, Estimate, or Project first. This will convert your Client Account into a regular FreshBooks account. From there, you can cancel with the steps here. Keep in mind that you'll lose access to all your saved Invoices, Estimates, Proposals, and Project discussions once you cancel.